YOU X ME = DEMOCRACY
Force Multiplier is a grassroots fundraising organization that supports Democrats in races that can shift the balance of power in Washington as well as groups that work to make sure people can and do vote.
Force Multiplier has build a vibrant community of over 8,500 people nation-wide who helped raise more than $7,000,000 to help turn Washington Blue.
The efforts of an amazing group of passionate volunteers + committed donors
proved once again that PEOPLE HAVE THE POWER.
This is a time of transition + introspection + most of all, of planning
Please join our NEXT: Community Conversations
designed to engage us with some of the big questions
we've been asking + attempting to answer.
· How Do We Understand the Trump Voters?
· How Do We Work to Restore Our Democracy?
· What Should Democrats Do Now?
We're gathering some of the most thoughtful, analytical and accomplished writers, journalists and legislators we can find to come speak with us (on Zoom of course) about their particular perspectives on these issues. These conversations will NOT be fundraisers. Instead, we see them as an opportunity to learn, discuss, raise questions that will reflect on our recent work and help us develop our priorities going forward.
"Do not get lost in a sea of despair.
Be hopeful, be optimistic.
Our struggle is not the struggle of a day, a week, a month, or a year,
it is the struggle of a lifetime."
CONG. JOHN LEWIS
The 2020 cycle has reminded many of us of the truth and wisdom in this quote from the late John Lewis. This struggle we entered as Force Multiplier almost four years ago is not the struggle of one or two election cycles. It is, indeed, the struggle of a lifetime.
We're full of hope + optimism.
• The Biden/Harris ticket won by over 7 million votes and flipped 5 states.
• We raised funds directly for their campaign and supported grassroots organizing through the Movement Voter Fund in all 5 of these states.
• Our voter protection work with Fair Fight and the DSCC Legal Fund also helped make sure there was a strong turnout in the face of a pandemic and aggressive voter suppression.
At the same time, we’re disappointed + sobered by the down-ballot results.
• We won three of our targeted Senate races and have helped flip the Senate.
• We picked up one House seat, defended 11, and lost 10. But we preserved the majority.
• And we fought all the right fights.
What we set-out to accomplish this year was difficult:
HOLD THE HOUSE + FLIP THE SENATE + WIN THE WHITE HOUSE
We're proud of how we came together at a critical moment in our history + made a difference.
• We’re proud of how our work helped Democrats run competitively in historically red districts. We have a strong footprint in most of the key competitive districts in all of the swing states. We believe that our investments in these races will pay dividends in future elections.
• Our bench is deep, and our work has helped bend the arc a little more towards democracy.
• In the coming weeks and months, we'll be inviting you to join us in a conversation about how we move forward towards the 2022 elections.
For four years we've worked hard to turn Washington Blue.
+ have accomplished much that we can all be proud of.
Together we raised over $7,000,000, including
• $2,700,000 to flip the Senate
• $2,200,000 to flip the House in 2018 + hold the House in 2020
• $1,800,000 to mobilize voters + protect the vote
Along the way we helped...
• Flip 13 House seats in 2018
• Flip 3 Senate seats in 2020
• Support 21 House candidates in 2020
• Support 65+ grassroots groups who mobilize voters in WI, MI, PA, AZ, FL, NC + GA through MVP
• Erect 20 Safe Haven Voter Protection tents in North Carolina
• Raise 28 voter information billboards in rural southern states
• Pay the fines + fees of 112 Florida returning citizens + restore their voting rights
Force Multiplier is an engaged community
that believes in the political power of people who work together.
We aren't going anywhere.
We are regrouping, refocusing + recommiting for 2022!
S T A Y T U N E D !
YOU X ME = DEMOCRACY
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can
change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."